We were talking with the highly experienced investment advisor Catherine Austin Fitts from the U.S. to get some answers to questions which, inter alia, dealt with the Council on Foreign Relations, the motives for the war in Libya, the wishes of the IMF for a world currency and the euro-crisis.
By Lars Schall
Due to the fact that Catherine Austin Fitts had important business to do in the Silicon Valley on the day of our conversation, we could unfortunately only ask a very few questions. However, we agreed to conduct soon another interview in which we will focus specifically on solutions to our pressing problems in politics, finance, economy and society.
As important additions to our „Info-Schall“ interview we would like to recommend three things to read. First, this outstanding and unique essay written by Ms. Fitts, entitled „Dillon, Read & Co. Inc. and the Aristocracy of Stock Profits“, available at: http://dunwalke.com/gideon/.
Second, a detailed interview with Ms. Fitts on drug trafficking and the banking system, „Behind the Wheel“, at: http://www.larsschall.com/2010/08/29/behind-the-wheel/.
And thirdly, one of the concept papers from the International Monetary Fund for a world currency at: http://www.imf.org/external/np/pp/eng/2010/041310.pdf.
The questions that we have asked Catherine Austin Fitts were:
– You were once invited to become a fellow of the Council on Foreign Relations and also a member of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve System. Both times you said: “Thanks, but no thanks.” Why so?
– In the text “Dillon, Read & Co. Inc. and the Aristocracy of Stock Profits” you mention “the central banking-warfare investment model.” What is this?
– What are your thoughts on the war in Libya in regard to Mr. Gaddafi’s desire to have a gold-backed Dinar and to abandon the US-Dollar and the Euro?
– What is your opinion about the IMF and its wish for a One World Currency?
– With regard to the Euro-Crisis: are those austerity measures and all the other proposals heading in the right direction or are we chasing the rabbit into the hole? And what would be your proposals?
– Are you angry at those crimes in government and the banking system?
– Will the global crisis increase?
Here is the audio-video of the „Info-Schall“ interview with Catherine Austin Fitts:
About our guest:
Catherine Austin Fitts is a graduate from the University of Pennsylvania (BA) and the Wharton School (MBA). At the Chinese University of Hong Kong she studied Mandarin. She served as a managing director and member of the board of the Wall Street investment bank Dillon, Read & Co, Inc. (now part of UBS). Later, she was Assistant Secretary of Housing and Federal Housing Commissioner at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) during the presidency of George Herbert Walker Bush. As such, she was responsible for the operations of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), the largest mortgage insurance fund of the world.
After leaving the Bush Administration, Fitts founded The Hamilton Securities Group, Inc., an investment bank and financial software developer named after the first U.S. Secretary of Treasury, Alexander Hamilton. In 1996, she and her successful company became targets of a vicious, long-lasting “qui tam lawsuit”, that resulted in the closing of Hamilton Securities. Fitts was ultimately successful in Court of Claims litigation asserting that the government had no right to withhold monies owed to Hamilton.
In the years afterwards, Fitts spoke publicly about the degree of fraud endemic in the federal mortgage operations, trillions missing from government agencies and the connections to drug trafficking and “black budgets.” Moreover, with her mentioned expertise, she was one of the first to warn of an approaching housing bubble. Her prediction that the ”strong dollar policy” would lead to a weakened federal credit is currently being proven correct.
Fitts is the president of Solari, Inc., publisher of “The Solari Report” (www.solari.com), and managing member of Solari Investment Advisory Services, LLC. She served on the board of directors of the Gold Anti-Trust Action Committee, GATA (www.gata.org), and writes “The Real Deal” column for Scoop Media in New Zealand (www.scoop.co.nz).
Catherine Austin Fitts lives in Tennessee, U.S.A.